A visit to Cotehele house in Cornwall. The house was built between 1485 and 1560. The Cotehele estate was the home of the Edgcumbe family for nearly 600 years from 1353 until it came into the care of the National Trust in 1947. Follow this link to the NT site for more information.
The courtyard and south range with the entrance arch. No sun today so very grey pictures!
The western aspect of the courtyard with the chapel window in the right.
This view is of the Tower taken from the gardens to the north of the house.
The eastern aspect of the house and formal gardens.
Looking east from the gardens towards Calstock with the railway viaduct over the River Tamar.
Another view of the eastern side of the house and gardens.