This was our first visit to Mere for a walk about. We have driven through many times but never stopped.
Looking west from the town square along Castle Street. On the left is the George Inn and straight ahead is the Ship Inn. This was once the main road from London to Exeter.
The clock tower in the Market Square.
F J Chalke motors in Salisbury Street. The MG sign still on display.
The old name plate next to the office door.
Back in the town square. Lloyds bank.
The Parish church of St Michael’s. It is thought that the oldest part of the church dates from the 11th century
Pollarded trees in the churchyard. The red brick decorated building is the Grove building which was built in 1891 as an annexe to the national school.
The pathway leading away from the church. Straight ahead is the library and museum.
A final picture of the parish church.