August 2012 - A brief walk around Winchester. The original Pre-Norman Cathedral was founded in 642 on a site immediately to the north of the present one. The present Norman Cathedral was started in 1079.
August 2012 - The old stables in the Cathedral Close, also known as Pilgrim’s Hall. These are probably early 16th century.
The 15th century Prior’s gate and Cheyney Court.
The coat of arms above Prior’s gate. Through the gate can be seen the Pilgrim’s Hall.